tintinluomukset (a) gmail.com

Kommentti olisi iloinen yllätys :-)
You can also leave comments in English :-)
Pode deixar comentários em português tambem :-)

sunnuntai 11. syyskuuta 2011

Tiskikukka in English


I got my first dish cloth from an american lady who visited me. She refused to tell me how it was made and told me to figure it out. The dish cloth waited for a while, but one sunday morning in 2009 I finally decided to take the challenge. After some ravelling and unravelling I got it done and wrote down the pattern. I have to say I´m quite pleased that so many others have been inspired of it and knitted it.

A few weeks ago I got two messages in Ravelry asking for the Tiskikukka pattern in English. I was certain that there should be a similar pattern in English, as my original sample was American. I searched the Ravelry database and didn´t find a pattern just like this. Thank you Rachael and Jamie! Jamie also kindly helped me with the translation.


 Tiskikukka (Dish Flower) in English

CO 20 sts
Row1: Knit all stitches
Row2: K5, YO, K13, (2 sts left), turn
Row3: K19
Row4: K5, YO, K12, (4 sts left) , turn
Row5: K18
Row6: K5, YO, K11, (6 sts left), turn
Row7: K17
Row8: K5, YO, K10, (8 sts left), turn
Row9: K16
Row10: K5, YO, K9 (10 sts left), turn
Row11: K15
Row12: BO 5 sts, Knit all remining 20 stitches

Repeat rows 1 - 12 fourteen more times to get fifteen petals in total. In the last petals final row (row 12) BO all stitches. Cut the yarn leaving about 40 cm to sew the seams. Start by sewing through all fifteen starting stitches and tighten the center circle. Continue then by sewing together the first and last petals. Weave in ends. I didn´t use the wrap and turn technique mainly because I hadn´t heard of it whem I wrote the pattern. I still don´t wrap when I turn, because I don´t think it is necessary. You can do so if you want to :-).

Please tell me, if you have problems with the pattern, so I can fix it.

Pattern in Finnish


Hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I do. You can find more pictures of Tiskikukka here. Have fun!

13 kommenttia:

enkulin käsityöt kirjoitti...

Oi että on kaunis.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Tää on kyllä hauska idea!

Eila kirjoitti...

Todella kauniit! Loistava idea!

KristiinaS kirjoitti...

Mä laitoin seurattavakseni nyt sun blogin millä oli enemmän tilaajia (10), mutta sillä oli kyll vähemmän lukijoita ja alempi sijoitus. Pitäiskö vaihtaa siihen toiseen?

eevamummo kirjoitti...

Tiskikukka on mulla ollut siitä asti käytössä, kun tein ensimmäisen....kerrassaan hyvä, parempi kuin kaupan rätit.
Sinulle on jotain blogissani....käy kurkkaamassa!

Anneli kirjoitti...

Kauniita kukkia :)

Holly B kirjoitti...

I made this cloth for my sister's 50th bday and put it in a mug. It's so cute. Thank you for sharing.

Kaisa kirjoitti...

Kiitos ohjeesta! Tein ihan omaksi ilokseni ja kaunis tuli

sandi s kirjoitti...

Thank you for the pattern,it’s so pretty. I love to knit dishcloths. Hugs,

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I am new to knitting can someone explain what YO means please. Thank you

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

YO means yarn over. so say if you are knitting and your working yarn is in the back you would wrap it around the right needle one time. the knit the next stitch ( or whatever the next stitch is in the patern. If you are purling and it says to yo go from the front then wrap around and continue the pattern. unless the pattern instructs you to YO as if to knit/purl

Kathleen Pelley kirjoitti...

I have made so many of these. The pattern is so easy and so logically written. Thank you.

Kathleen

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

off white nike
off white jordan 1
palm angels outlet
off white outlet
hermes outlet online